N64 controller to Wii/Gamecube adapter (v2)
An adapter to use N64 controllers on a Wii or Gamecube. Now also compatible with the Switch and Game Boy player.
DescriptionThis adapter cable makes it possible to use a real Nintendo 64 controller on a Wii or Gamecube. Ideal for Wii virtual console N64 games.
- Supports official and many 3rd party N64 controllers.
- Works on Gamecube and Wii1 systems with Gamecube ports.
- Works with the Switch through the Gamecube adapter for Wii U (not included)
- Updateable firmware4
- Supports the Rumble Pack.3
- 8 Different button mappings available. 2
- The 6ft (1.82m) approx. cable also serves as an extension!
- Play Wii virtual console N64 games with the original controller.
- Play N64 game sequels with the controller of their predecessor. Eg: Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart 8 on the switch, etc.
- Play Gamecube editions of N64 games. Eg: TLoZ: Ocarina of Time.
1For Wii U (and Wii consoles without gamecube ports) please consider our N64 to Wiimote adapter.
2 Many different mappings can be enabled by holding specific buttons when connecting the adapter. Likely there is one suitable for your game(s)!
3 Rumble will only work for games supporting the GC vibration function. Note that Wii Virtual Console games do not.
4 Firmware update can be performed by chaining the adapter with a raphnet GC to USB V3 adapter (or any variation such as dual Gamecube or Gamecube + N64) and using the adapter manager, or using our GC/Wii adapter updater Wii homebrew tool.